Friday, June 5, 2015

how to be happy

The first and most important thing
is to be thankful for the little things you have,
find the joy all around you,
the small magic,
the tiny discoveries that make life extraordinary,
and
appreciate that there is beauty everywhere.
 
One of the things I was thankful for lately was an afternoon to myself.
I had a dentist appointment, 
which I am irrationally afraid of.
And my tooth hurt so i decided not to go back to work, 
but stopped at a new body of water I had recently discovered to drink my banana flavored milkshake. 
I couldn't eat lunch, but i could drink.
I have always lived in this area 
but i had never even heard of this small lake, 
a series of small lakes it turns out.
I had sort of stumbled upon it a few weeks ago while looking for somewhere else.
And it is close enough to get to on my lunch hour.
 I just love it when i find a new spot to go to that has water. 
It soothes.













2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little escape spot. I have an irrational fear of dentists, too. Need to go before the snow flies after I move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It's amazing you can get to that magical place on your lunch hour, so happy for you that you found it.

    ReplyDelete