Friday, August 12, 2011

sisterhood of the traveling sketchbook this week...

I just received Lori's sketchbook in the mail a few days ago and couldn't wait to do my spread in it right away. It is so wonderful to get a new sketchbook and take my time going through the art already in it, There's such  a variety of styles but the one thing that gets me each and every time is how honest each woman is with their art and words. Truly it's inspiring, and with this book I had no real idea what I was going to do with August's pages but once I read the words Lori and others had written I knew what I would do.

This is a very spiritual sketchbook....I won't show the full art or other's words as I don't know how everyone feels about that, but I need to give you a peek at how really great they all are...

Lori's Venus of Willendorf.... I love her...


And Jaime's bride being reinvented to relearn her creative self...


and Brandy's  art about connecting with small pleasures, quiet moments to heal her...

And Lisa's wonderful page (I'm showing just one but she usually does 2) about her beliefs with a beautiful quote from ee cummings
The picture again doesn't do it justice as it's textural and needs to be touched...





On Lori's intro page she mentions that she put in a moon on her sign in page because August is the Moon of the Silver Web, a time to strengthen connections, and on my "witches datebook" in front of me where I have all my calenders and lists each day, it says those same words! So I knew I had to paint all 13 of the Sisters. They represent one for each of us but they also all represent me at one time or another in one way or another. There's a bride for my wedding in August, there'a girl in a party hat as I had one of my children in August, there's shy ones and bold ladies, there's a business woman and a goddess. So my hope is that, keeping with the Silver Web Moon, that the art we all do will speak in some way to each and everyone of us and that we 13 will all be connected through it!



Have a great week!!!

30 comments:

  1. Oh wow fabulous pages. I hope one day to take part in one of these traveling sketchbooks. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely lovely art! I'm not sure what you are doing with this 'travelling sketchbook' but it looks and sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Andrea.. isn't it all soooo amazing??
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully creative art work ~ Love your style !
    Happy PPF ~ namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are fabulous pages! did you not decide to have the ladies falling this time? I think they are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, WOW!!! What an incredible idea- I LOVE this! I'm posting my page for August later on today; but it's not nearly as clever as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages. I love the idea of more than one person on a page. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ladies are great! I too am with Netty...would like to participate in a traveling sketchbook someday. This must be so inspirational for you, as it clearly shows in your work. Happy PPF! ~ Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pages, thanks for sharing this sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful, I'm always inspired by these shared pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful pages! I too would LOVE to participate in a traveling journal. So fun and ONE OF A KIND for whoever gets to keep it in the end! HAPPY PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well just look at all those fab ladies! They look like a great bunch to get to know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love these travelling sketchbooks-the art is wonderful. your piece is fantastic and personal for each of the ladies taking part in the project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Andrea your August page is fantastic. I love how you represented the 13 sisters... beautifully done! I can't wait to see it in person :)

    xx Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh this is just TOO COOL!!!!!!What a great idea to paint all 13 of you!!!How beautiful! The journal sounds so fun. I'm curious, who gets to keep this treasure when its all done? Thanks for sharing the wonderful entries with us!Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! What a great idea to paint all 13 sisters and make it so meaningful.

    All the other artwork is so beautiful, too.

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What an amazing journey journal of art! Love your addition...FANTASTIC! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since a few of you asked.... this journal is Lori's but when we're done we will each have a sketchbook to keep as there are 13 books! and they're all developing their own personalities

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful sketchbook! I love all of the sketches. I have seen Jaime's before. So fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun way to be a part of a Sisterhood! I love your "Sisterhood" interpretation, as well!
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is beautiful,, the art and concept, the everything!!!I love this,,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful sketchbook! I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your colorful art style, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG Andrea, this page is so special!!! How wonderful...13 ladies altogether! I am so glad you shared it, it is truly fantastic!!!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. This traveling sketchbook exchange looks like an amazing experience! Magnificent!

    So glad I found you through the "All Kinds of Artists" Artist Blog Hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your ladies are such a wonderful addition to this sketchbook! I love seeing how all of the traveling sketchbooks are progressing - such a fun project :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete